Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Swear I'll Never Give In, I Refuse

Holy hell. This week is never ending. And what's worse? I am in a rut. A workout rut. I worked out today for the first time since Saturday and it was a pretty pathetic attempt. Half assed at best. I don't know what my problem is, but I just cannot get back in the swing of things coming back from this past weekend. Normally it takes me a day or two to get caught up on laundry, cleaning ect...but come Tuesday this week I still wasn't ready to face the gym. I have a bunch of things going on in my head that are driving me mad, and usually working out helps with that. However now, my immediate response to stress is to sit on the couch and knit. Which I mean it could be worse, it could be to sit on the couch and stuff my face. Still, I have worked too hard to just say oh well it's winter, and the days are shorter and it's cold out. More importantly it is just not me. I go to the gym, I run. It's who I am. So tomorrow morning, we're hitting the gym...hard. I don't care how many excuses my brain comes up with to go back to bed, my ass will be at that gym at 5am. I don't care if I cry about it the entire way there. Because I refuse to walk out my door staring at this and feeling guilty anymore.


I refuse to give into my excuses again. 

Anyways! On a happier prettier note, Jessica over at The Embellished Life is having a fabulous giveaway! One lucky reader will get a product line from Paul Labrecque ! Go scope out her blog and enter to win, your hair will thank you ;)

Cheers!

Marisa

title lyrics: Foo Fighters-Best of You

15 comments:

  1. Cute post.. I hope you are able to follow through and hit it hard tomorrow.. :)) .. I'm officially following ya with smiles.. I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection & would LOVE for you to stop in sometime.. Great blog you have here.. Off to indulge and inspire myself.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOvely quote!

    Good for you, you are back working out.
    I feel bad myself, it's been almost two months that I
    don't exercise, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really reaaally appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member. 



    and of course i will folback!!! :D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ 
i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Whenever I am in a workout rut, I sign up for a 5k run or something, so I have to get motivated!


    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, i am not a runner. i literally fall off the treadmill--balance thing i guess. i'm a very good walker though. usually. ok, i trip a lot but i like to think that makes me quirky! just like zooey d. but no...
    PS Have you entered my dessert giveaway yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like once you get out of the "swing of things" it is so hard to get back in. I've been doing so well lately with going to the gym, but I know as soon as I stop it'll go downhill. Put your mind to it and I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. btw, the lipstick is for Kate Moss, to honor the 10 yrs she's worked for Rimmel. She came out with 7 shades (I was thinking 10 would make sense, but...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hear you. this week seriously took forever! and i always seem to be in a workout rut...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My rut has gone beyond days and weeks and into months...shameful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get in ruts like this, too. I am in one right now. I was really sick for a long stretch and was unable to run. Now I am regaining my strength and am starting to run again. But it's hard. Because during those 2 weeks I took off, I lost a decent amount of my strength and level of fitness. So while no run is truly 'easy', these runs are especially hard. And I am still not well. So hopefully i am back to full health soon - and back to running consistently again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been reading about a lot of other workout slumps lately...it is in the air!! i think it's the darker days getting to us. but i'm with ya

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it happens, I recently just skipped a week of training. Somehow it´s better to allow yourself some rest and then bounce back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg girl. keeping up with a workout routine is so hard. it literally takes everything i have to get up at 4.30 in the morn lol. you should join us for motivate me mondays! its all about motivating each other and working out!
    xo
    www.forloveofacupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i just saw you have our button on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...