Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You Are The Sunshine Of My Life

Okay, you've asked so I'll tell. I had an amazing time in Minneapolis this weekend. AND I navigated all by myself, the city, 394 and 494 and only once had to bust out "Sorry...I'm from Iowa." Feeling pretty proud of myself. After meeting Drew and his co-worker for lunch we didn't know what to do with our afternoon since we had no plans for the day or evening and it was only 2pm. So we did what anyone would do. Drink beer and go bowling.

(the popcorn was butter herb and parmeasan. Sooo good)



(Drew concentrating real hard)

We had fun and weren't conserned about scores ( I WON) and had a good afternoon.

After bowling we hit up the booze store grocery store for ingredients for inside out lasagna.


(Wine was totally a key ingredient. No really)

This was such an easy recipe and it turned out soooooo awesome. I am craving it right now.



Might have to make that again this week.

Saturday was a bussssyyy day. Started off with touring Drew's work with his grandparents, who were so sweet. Followed by dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant where they have a lunch buffet, and lets just say I'm glad I was wearing leggings. Finally after that we hit up the Walker Art Center.


(Claes Oldenburg!)


(sculpture garden at Walker Art Center)


(Drew growing impatient with my picture taking)

That night we met up with one of Drew's friends for sushi in St. Paul which was amaazzing (again so glad I was wearing leggings!) and I got to see this



Why yes that is the Church of Scientology in St. Paul. Apparently it used to be the children's museum. It is huge. Those scientologists are loaded.

Sunday was brunch with the fam, and it was awesome. His parents are so nice and his mom deserves Mom of the Century or Sainthood or something. Drew is the oldest of 4 boys (thats right FOUR) and his youngest brother is autistic. Yet his mom is the most upbeat, kindhearted person I've ever met. I don't know how she does it. He has some amazing parents. Also she made eggs with Mornigstar Farms "sausage" in it for me. That made me smile :)

So there you have it. My Minneapolis weekend and meeting the fam. Such a great weekend and relocating is becoming less stressful. Now if only someone would give me a job....(hint hint)

Cheers!

Marisa

Title Lyrics: Stevie Wonder "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life"

8 comments:

  1. That reminds me that I haven't been bowling in a long time. The only cheap bowling alley around here is terrible, and the good one across town charges an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does sound like a good w/e!! glad you had fun. and i miss bowling in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sooo happy things are becoming less stressful for you! and i'm glad you had a good weekend! i'm sure a job will come along soon. :)

    p.s. that inside out lasagna looks delicious!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had a great time! It sounds like you did a lot and had a ton of fun.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good! I am so glad that you had a good trip. I knew it would go well!!

    Did you got to Bombay Bistro to have Indian? That is my fave indian place! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had an awesome weekend! And you're right Drew's mom is a magician to wrangle 4 boys!

    And also, someone give me a job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...