Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life Is Like A Pageant....

I know I may have mentioned this in passing from time to time, but for those of you who didn't catch on, Hi! I'm Marisa and I'm a former pageant girl. Don't believe me? Here's some proof


(that's me being crowned)




See? Told you. Anyways where am I going with this pageant talk?

So the other day, and pretty much every day of my life, I was bemoaning how I'm ancient in pageant years and can no longer compete. I won't lie, I love hearing my name called and someone putting a sparkly crown on my head. The thing that I miss most however, is the competition. My favorite part about pageants was the preparation, the work, the dedication to basically sell yourself to the judges that you are the best possible candidate for the job and they should pick you. I had an epiphany yesterday. Why not treat my search for a job in Minneapolis the same way? No, no one is going to give me a sparkly crown to wear (but if you do I will work for you for life), but essentially it's the same thing. I need to prepare, I need to be dedicated and above all, I need to sell myself as the best possible candidate. Life really is like a pageant. Rhinestones and glitter are bursting from my heart right now. 

How about you fellow readers....any other pageant girls out there???

Rhinestones and Glitter Cheers,

Marisa


6 comments:

  1. You are stunning! I love your pageant pics! I competed in one in 9th grade and loved it. Wish I would've done more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how interesting! i went to college with a pageant girl, and she is by far one of the most determined and hard working people i know. i definitely think doing pageants has it benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a pageant girl, but you look great girl! Love this! That is a great way to look at your job search! You get them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow Pageanteer,

    AHH! You can totally do them. I was thinking about doing a Mrs. pageant. What do you think?

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pics are so fun to see!! very cool.i'm def not a pageant girl, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only pageant I have been in was when I was 5 years old and I did NOT want to be in the pageant. My mom has pictures of me totally pouting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...