Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not The Kind Of Girl....

That goes to a bar alone. But sometimes, I feel like going out and having a drink and believe it or not sometimes my friends aren't all that interested in sitting around soaking up my awesomeness and don't want to join. So every once and a while I contemplate just going to the bar for a martini on my own. But then I think, will I look pathetic sitting there all by myself, like I'm looking to pick up a guy? You see it all the time in the movies and on tv...perhaps I've watched to much Sex and the City and fancy myself Carrie Bradshaw. I refuse to think though that just because I don't live in New York or L.A. that I can't go out and enjoy a drink by myself if I want to. But then I fear becoming a regular. I prefer anonymity, keeping my distance. Perhaps that is a quality I should work on...Regardless internets, bear witness I'm going to do it. 


As I wrote that last sentence about 10 minutes lapsed as I watched Sex and the City, and then I chickened out. No joke. I can't get over the fact that what if I run into someone I know? Or worse yet, what if I run into someone I may or may not have drunkenly made out with in whatever bar I'm at in some point in time? (Has happened before when I was out with the bestie. Luckily he was drunk and she recognized him and disaster was avoided) However, I've also never been the kind of girl to care what other people think and rarely get embarrassed. I suppose stay tuned readers and see if I follow through....I'll take words of encouragement.

Cheers,

Marisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...