Wednesday, August 18, 2010

After a long absence

I'm back! Don't ask me what happened the last week and a half I have no idea. A mega heat wave hit the midwest for a week and I think I was just in survival mode. I've think we've made it through the worst of the summer and hopefully fall is just around the corner. That way you know I can actually spend time in my room, on my computer without sweating to death.
I don't have to much to update really. This last week has been pretty non-descript. My Dad's birthday is Friday so I've been preparing myself for that. Although it couldn't be on a worse week since my hormones are all out of whack and that probably isn't going to help. It's been three years since he's been gone and still, August 20th makes me so sad. Hopefully though I can surround myself with good friends and have a toast to my Dad and remember all the good times.
Oh, my one exciting piece of news....I got a blackberry! I finally decided to join the 21st century.

1 comment:

  1. whenever birthdays of lost loved ones happen, i usually smile and celebrate on their behalf. it's their anniversaries of their deaths that hit me hardest.

    hope you were able to smile at the memory of your dad. and if you shed a tear, that's still okay :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...