Sunday, July 25, 2010

I swear I'm not a crazy emo girl....

Seriously I'm not. But this post may have a slight hint of emo-ness in the sense that I'm going to write about a song that may or may not have helped me get out of my depressed state. So right after I moved into the new apt. I was driving and feeling all anxious and sad still and Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" came on the radio. I was obsessed with this song and band when I was a junior in HS...which was 2001. So not having heard it in a very long time I cranked it up and of course rocked out. As I was shamelessly singing along having a dance party in my car at a red light, I realized that this song was my new theme song. Yes I know I'm 16 again and this song so describes my life and no one understands me IT'S MY ROOM MOM! But seriously, as cliched as it sounds, the lyrics were basically what everyone all along has been telling me but for whatever reason on that day hearing the men of Jimmy Eat World sing it to me on the radio finally made it sink in. I am doing better on my own, I will live right now and just be myself and no it doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else. And most importantly, it just takes some time.


Okay so wow, emo-ness I know. Here's the weird part; I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that song since. It's like I couldn't remember the last time I heard that song on the radio and now it's everywhere. The radio gods are watching out for me making sure I don't forget the important message from J.E.W. The other odd part? About two days after this musical intervention and revelation I met A. Pretty sure J.E.W. is watching out for me and personally reminding me that everything , everything will be alright :) Thanks guys!
(image via google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...