Thursday, April 28, 2011

Got A Jet Pack With Your Name On It

Hey everyone, I'm back. It's been a crazy couple of days as it always is when I decide to take some time off. Needless to say I had to work late tonight and will be going in tomorrow despite having originally taken the whole day off. It's alright I suppose, duty calls and since I rarely have to work late I don't mind when I have to. Moving on to the blog title, I am soooooooooooooo feeling the need to get out of Des Moines. I don't know what it is but I just need to be on the move. Maybe it's just a funk that I'm in as my friend suggested or maybe, dare I say it, I'm ready for a new place to call home. I'm no where near being capable of moving at least not until Poverty Experiment 2011 comes to an end. Then I might actually have the funds to move somewhere.

Where would I move to? Well my top 3 cities are :

1.) Seattle

(Do want to climb that mountain)

2.) Denver

(Do want to climb those mountains too)


3.) Milwaukee

(That sailboat looking thing is the art center. I went there when I was there. )

I haven't actually been to Seattle yet, but oddly enough their weather appeals to me. Denver I fell in love with in the brief time I was out there for work last year and can't wait to actually get to have some fun there in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!. Milwaukee, again fell in love with the city for the brief amount of time I was out there for a wedding last year. It's a midwest city and actually a lot closer to home than where I am right now, so it wouldn't be much of an adventure but I could definitely see myself living there.

I hate to come off sounding like one of those teens who thinks their life will be 100 times better if they move to (insert big city here). My life is great, thats not really my issue. I think it all goes back to my fear of "settling down". There's so much I want to see and experience that moving seems like the natural thing to do. I love my friends and my job, even just thinking about moving breaks my heart, but at the end of the day it's my life to live and I know that some miles won't destroy our friendships.

Who knows, I could just be talking out of my ass right now. Next week I could be all I LOVE DES MOINES I"LL NEVER LEAVE!!!!!!!!! Remember that drawing about the cart before the horse? Yeah I do that a lot. Be thankful you don't have my brain. It works all sorts of backwards. Maybe after my Colorado vacation I'll be refreshed and even miss Des Moines while I'm there. Yeah please read this awesome jumble of nonesense with a grain of salt. Did I mention I've been working a lot? Thanks for reading lovelies! Anyone else relate to this or am I just on crack?

Cheers!

Marisa



*all images via google

10 comments:

  1. yeah i can relate.. but that's why traveling is great! the problem with moving is that you can't bring everyone with you. i hate that! but you're right.. you would stay friends with the people you wanted to stay friends with :)

    p.s. i loved seattle! i haven't been to denver or milwaukee yet .. but i definitely want to goooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm i think it depends of what you want to do, but Seattle looks fab!


    Last days for the Giveaway at my blog!
    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate ... remember in January when I decided to move to Texas and then by Feburary decided I was crazy to move. Anyway still on that roller coaster so I hope it goes better for you. On another note I looked at apartments in DSM today. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm biased, but I think Seattle is a magical place! I hope you get to visit (or move) very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About once a month I want to get out of LA and move to a quiet little country town . . . and then it's 80degrees and sunny and gorgeous the next day and I wonder how I could possibly ever leave. I hear Denver's nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you HAVE to go to seattle some day! it is the lovliest place - my older sister lived there for three years so i got to visit a few times, and each time it was fabulous. and from what i know of you - haha :) - i can tell you would love it out there too! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can relate! I have lived in Iowa all my life! In fact I live 20 mins from my hometown! I had never planned on staying in Iowa, I wanted to live in New York I'll spare youmy long saga story , ha ha! Iowa isn't so bad, but I would love to live somewhere, anywhere warm!
    My brother live right next to Apen, I love it there! I guess visiting will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been to Seattle but that is certainly a place I see myself. As for Denver...its gorgeous make sure you stop in Boulder as well. That was a favorite spot for me. And Milwaukee is where I used to live and my parents live now so I am there quite often. If you ever go back around the area again let me know! What a fun place full of great vintage, art, and night life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes i think about breaking away and get out of this place as well, but i go a little further than you,i wanna leave the country! lol
    i'm following you on google friend connect

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to move there too!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...