Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost time for New Years Eve....

And I have nothing to wear. I went shopping last night and did not find one single suitable thing. And so here we are the day before, and I've got nothing. NOTHING. Except shoes. I have the shoes, just nothing to wear with them. Mayhaps sweatpants to dinner? It's looking like it may end up that way. Or undies and my fab heels? All I really wanted was something like this:
(image via google)

Alas I could not find anything like that. Well I am leaving work a little early tomorrow. Hopefully I can do some speed shopping and find something.

I am looking forward to the new year though. I have no resolutions per se. I suppose it would be to start up things I love again. My main one happens to be running. I haven't run since I last posted about the Race for the Cure. I miss it. So I'm looking forward to getting back in running condition, just hoping I don't break my neck running in this crazy Iowa winter weather. Ah well, I'm sure my winter weather running will make for some fun stories.

They say that New Years Day is the most depressing day of the year, and I hope that it's not for all you out there. This may sound lame but one of my favorite uplifting phrases comes from one of my favorite childhood movies, Rainbow Bright: "Every morning is a brand new day." Corny, I know, but it's so true. So heres to a kick ass start to a new decade and my next quarter century!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day sparkle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...